Last modified: November 2, 2013
MedTechU, LLC and its subsidiaries («Company», «we» or «us») operate www.matchhealth.com
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website or use any Services and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Your information will be processed by the Company in the United States.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you can of course choose not to provide us with certain, or any information, however, this may prevent you from gaining access to the Services as well as certain features of the Website.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including, without limitation, information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, city, and e-mail address ("personal information");
- that is about you but cannot reasonably be used to identify you individually, such as health and medical interests, general survey information, gender, other interests; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website or in connection with the Services;
- from you when filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website (such as your name, e-mail address, user name, password, demographic information and specific health areas of interest.), subscribing to a Service, and posting material. We may also ask you for information when you participate in a program sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website; in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us or the Website;
- from your interactions using the Website’s social network function where you may add information and pictures to your profile;
- through mobile and desktop applications and Services you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- when you interact with our programs and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy; and
- when you respond to surveys that we might ask you to consider completing for research purposes or when you enter search queries on the Website.
Information that is Publicly Available
Your account name (not your e-mail address) is displayed for other users when you engage in certain activities on the Website and use certain Services. For example, you may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website (including, without limitation, message boards, chat rooms and other interactive forums) or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Postings”). Your User Postings are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Postings. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Postings will not be viewed by unauthorized persons and by utilizing User Postings, you agree that we are not responsible for any information you disclose or communicate in such forums.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, including, without limitation, our business partners. Such third party information may be used for a variety of purposes, including, without limitation, to verify other information about you and enhance the content and programs we provide to you.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to, among other things:
- estimate total user numbers and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- facilitate and accelerate your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- IP Addresses. An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet. We, or our service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Website or Services to assist with delivering geographically targeted information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website, its contents and the Services to you;
- to help continually improve the quality and design of the Website and offer new Services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- monitor the effectiveness of our Services and marketing campaigns;
- to provide you with interested-based (behavioral) advertising or general marketing purposes;
- to notify you about changes our Website or any products or Services we offer;
- to monitor certain metrics, including, without limitation, number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or Services;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide such information; and
- for any other purposes with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you on occasion about information that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please de-select the relevant box located on the registration form. You will always have an option to opt out of the use of your information in this manner. For more information, see “Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users.
If you do not want us to use or disclose personal information or other information about you in the ways identified in this policy, you should not use the Website or any Services.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We aim to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. As a result, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to send updates to you, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the registration form or by following the instructions included on any communication to you to opt out of further email distributions. Lastly, you can always send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting to be removed from e-mail distributions.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal or other information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (i) use or provide any information on this Website or related to the Services, (ii) on or through any of the Websites functions or features, make any purchases through the Website, (iii) use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or (iv) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.